Matrix’s mission is to empower families of children with special needs to successfully understand and access the systems that serve them. An important part of our mission is to create opportunities for parents to make connections, grow as a community, cultivate peer-to-peer relationships, and share information.
We recognize that the changing media landscape means that parents are looking for these opportunities online — via Facebook, blogging sites, YouTube, online forums, and other online media.
Therefore, in response to our community’s desire for public ways to discuss and share ideas, Matrix began a WordPress blog in the summer of 2012.
The Matrix blog strives to create an online environment that is honest, open, and respectful, and encourages public comments, blog submissions, and discussion. Our focus is on topics related to parenting children with special needs in Marin, Napa, Solano, and Sonoma counties..
Topics related to special needs children and parenting may include:
- Understanding Special Education, Regional Centers, and other special needs systems
- Navigating challenges and celebrating success in family life and relationships
- Finding ways to advocate for children with special needs on a state, local, and national level
- Accessing and using assistive technology
- Addressing child development, behavior, and social issues
- Preparing for transitions: School changes, grade-level changes, and adulthood
For more information about Matrix Parent Network, please visit our website.